Values:Our basic values center on community engagement, story and conversation. The three modes of persuasion in rhetoric (Greek) are: ethos, pathos, and logos.
Ethos - communityEthos is the sentiment that informs the beliefs, customs, or practices of a community. It is a gathering place around values, virtues, practical skills and wisdom.
Community participants can create collaborative, open source models of storytelling which can be easily replicated. How you command the Compathos vehicle, shape the community and chart the course is up to you.
Pathos - the storyPathos is a quality in life or power in art using storytelling and metaphor to evoke a feeling of compassion. It is the imaginative impact of a message which moves the viewer to decision or action. Compathos media player and social platform enable the following:
- Inspirational stories that inspire and inform.
- Resources designed to help members hone media skills, build creative teams, virtual projects, and collaborate.
- Dedicated to professionals who are creating media for positive social and environmental good.
- Receive corporate funding for media projects within Compathos foundation charter.
- Create real heroes. Work with individuals, projects or organizations that might not otherwise have the resources to create awareness to attract funds or volunteers.
Logos - the wordLogos is the word which expresses thought. It is discourse derived from logic, reason, and data.
- Articles, interviews, podcasts
- Compathos will rely on the dialog of a community of compassionate thinkers and doers-many who are volunteers, innovators, travelers, students, content producers, and field correspondents.
- Compathos fosters a culture of adventure and participation, and is ideologically neutral showing dignity and respect to all.